Friday, March 30, 2007

Easily replaced

Jed has been travelling since Saturday, staying in seedy hotels without hot water let alone a working Internet connection, eating at greasy-spoon dives without help from antacids and clocking obscene hours behind the wheel. AND NOW ... Thanks to a massive thunderstorm Tuesday that rocked the house for several hours, he will be coming home sometime this weekend to an unpleasant surprise:

"Mommy, when daddy comes home, he can sleep over there," she says, pointing to the dog bed in the corner of the bedroom. "You and I will sleep here."

So much for King sized.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, think that is quite a brilliant idea. ;)

Amy said...

She and The Poo would get along famously.

jenB said...

Awwww, Charlotte shows no interest in sleeping with me/us. I long for a nice long sleepy cuddle. I guess not every night though. And the cat bed is REALLY small.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least she didn't send him to the doghouse... the dog bed sounds softer. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ahh, yes! The days of nightmares and inexplicable terrors that required a third person (who kicked like a rabbit)in our bed. Thunderstorms here as well and our backyard looks like a swamp.

Redneck Mommy said...

When my husband returns from his trips for work, he is relegated to the dog bed by MY DOG.

And dog versus husband is never a pretty battle to witness.

I just leave the room and see which hairy male of mine wins the right to sleep next to me.

Anonymous said...

Well that beats the dog house, doesn't it? =)